Our Aftercare Instructions After Your Fat Reduction Injections
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
- It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any prescription blood thinning medications.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. (All of these factors may increase risk of bruising and swelling).
- If you develop a cold / flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
- It is recommended to discontinue Retin-A two (2-3) days before treatment to avoid any increased redness and irritation.
- It is recommended that you wait at least 2 weeks to have botulinum toxin treatments performed if you have previously had cosmetic treatments with laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion.
- Do NOT, touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
- Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the icepack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
- Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising, swelling, and discomfort. Optional.
- Take (over the counter) acetaminophen pain reliever if needed to decrease post treatment discomfort.
- Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion to the treatment area.
- Avoid pools, hot-tubs and saunas for 5 days post procedure to reduce risk of infection.
- Immediately report to your provider if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens.