What To Do
The wound may be sore for several hours after the procedure, once the anesthetic has worn off. Clients are advised to follow the below instructions:
- Keep the dressing on for 24 hours or as advised by the Nurse Practitioner
- Avoid stretching or using the wound area
- Avoid hot tubs or saunas for 72 hours
- Take Tylenol as advised
- If the wound bleeds, press on it with a clean dry towel for 20 minutes. Seek medical attention if the wound is still bleeding after this time
- After 24 hours, the treated area may be gently washed twice per day and patted dry. Polysporin should be applied twice per day for the first 5 days.
- Seek medical attention if the wound reddens, or becomes very painful
The wound generally takes 6 weeks to heal. It may be red and raised at first, but the size and redness usually reduces over several weeks.